Planning Your Estate And Protecting The Future Of Your Loved Ones
When you are planning the distribution of your assets upon your death, you want experienced legal counsel to explain the options. You will have many options to consider, including wills, trusts, property transfer, medical directives and more.
Since 1919, Moore, Virgadamo & Lynch, Ltd. has provided estate planning and probate administration counsel to Rhode Island clients throughout the Newport and Middletown area. Our attorneys have more than 120 years of combined legal experience and have helped hundreds of clients create well-planned estates. You can call us at 401-846-0120 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Why Do You Need To Think About Estate Planning?
There are many reasons why you want to establish an effective estate plan. A few of these reasons include:
- An effective estate plan will help ensure the orderly distribution of your estate under your wishes.
- An effective estate plan will also help you shorten or avoid the probate process. The probate process can be expensive and time-consuming and can add significant responsibility for your heirs. We can use legal tactics to shorten or avoid probate. We can also help you identify whether you want to take the steps necessary to avoid probate.
- A well-designed estate plan can reduce the tax burden on your estate. Our lawyers understand the estate tax laws and can help you use planning techniques that minimize tax liability.
We can also help you plan for nursing home or long-term medical care, including the use of Medicaid and Medicare. We can help you protect your assets from seizure by the state, ensuring that your estate goes to your family rather than the state.
Assisting You With A Variety Of Estate Law Issues
We help clients with many estate and probate law matters, including:
- Advance medical directives (living wills)
- Irrevocable trusts
- Revocable trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Asset transfer issues
- Estate inventories
- Probate administration
- Special needs trusts
- Elder law
- Estate and probate litigation matters
Medicaid Planning And Elder Law Matters
When a family member begins to grow older, it is important to plan for the future. In addition to our estate planning services, our law firm is able to provide advice on elder law and Medicaid planning strategies. Elder law intersects family law in many ways; our attorneys are able to provide comprehensive advice in even the most complex legal situations.
Start The Estate Planning Process Now
At Moore, Virgadamo & Lynch, Ltd., we will use our more than 100 years of combined experience representing individuals throughout Rhode Island to help you. You can contact us now by using the contact form or calling 401-846-0120 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your estate planning needs.