Rhode Island Estate Planning Lawyers
When you are planning the distribution of your assets upon your death, you want experienced legal counsel to thoroughly explain the options. You will have many options to consider: wills, trusts, property transfer, medical directives, and others.
Since 1919, the law firm of Moore, Virgadamo & Lynch, Ltd . has provided estate planning and probate administration counsel to clients throughout the Newport/Middletown, Rhode Island area. Contact us to schedule a confidential consultation.
Why do you need to think about estate planning?
There are many reasons why you want to establish an effective estate plan.
- First, an effective estate plan will help ensure the orderly distribution of your estate in accordance with your wishes.
- An effective estate plan will also help you minimize or avoid the probate process. The probate process can be expensive and time-consuming, and can add significant responsibility for your heirs. We can advise you regarding simple ways to minimize or avoid probate. We can also help you identify whether you want to take the steps necessary to avoid probate.
- A well-designed estate plan can reduce the tax burden on your estate. Our lawyers understand the estate tax laws and can help you implement planning techniques that minimize tax liability.
We can also help you plan for nursing home or long term medical care, including the use of Medicaid and Medicare. We can help you protect your assets from seizure by the state, ensuring that your estate goes to your family rather than to the state.
Newport County Estate Planning and Probate Administration Attorneys
We advise clients in a wide number of estate planning matters, including
- Advance Medical Directives (living wills)
- Irrevocable trusts
- Revocable trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Asset transfer issues
- Estate inventories
- Probate administration
- Special needs trusts
- Elder law
- Estate litigation matters
- Probate litigation matters
At the law firm of Moore, Virgadamo & Lynch, Ltd., we have over 100 years of combined experience representing individuals throughout Rhode Island. Contact us or call us at 401.846.0120 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your estate planning needs.